Thursday, December 31, 2009

recipes by fruits & veggies A-Z

One of my favorite weekend activities is visiting the farmers' market. I walk through our local market, looking at all of the fresh food and thinking about what I want to make with it, then circle through a second time to make my purchases. I'm lucky to live in a place where these exist year-round. I use the fresh fruits and veggies I pick up there, plus those that arrive every Wednesday in our CSA box, as the centerpieces for the week's meals.

Below, you'll find recipes from Cole's Kitch to date, organized by their main fruit and veggie components so you can easily scan for recipes for the produce you have on hand (or that which you plan to procure from the farmers' market or your local grocer). Enjoy!

A

Apple

Artichoke

Avocado





B

Beet

Bok Choy

Broccoli

Brussels Sprouts

Butternut Squash

C

Cabbage

Carrot

Cauliflower

Chard

Collard Greens

Cucumber

D

Dates







E

Eggplant


F

Fig

Fava Bean



G

Green Bean







K

Kale

L

Leek



N
Nectarine

O
Orange


P

Pear

Pea

Peach

Pepper

Pineapple

Portobello

Potato

Pumpkin



R

Radicchio

Rhubarb

Romanesco

Rutabega









S

Spinach

Squash

Strawberry

Sweet Potato

T

Tomato





Z

Zucchini



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popular Posts