Monday, October 24, 2011

paris aventures alimentaires: jours 9 et 10


Today, I explored Paris by foot. J'ai beaucoup marche. The culinary highlight was La Grande Epicerie Paris, the grocery store that's attached to the high-end department store, Le Bon Marche. It was the fanciest grocery store I've ever been in and I took no shame in snapping lots of photos of the beautiful food. Here are some highlights:

Epiceries de fantaisie.
An entire aisle of beautiful sucre!
You can't tell from the photo, but each of these spice canisters is about a gallon in size.
De fruites de mer. 
Fancy French meats! 
More fancy meat. 
Fromage!
Cafe.
An aile devoted to all things truffle and pate.
Mon dejeuner: tasty fish soup (soupe de poisson) at a street-side cafe.
So as not to skip jour 9...yesterday was a pretty lazy Sunday (some recovery time was needed after a bit too much imbibing the night prior with some friends from French class). I did make a trek across town in the afternoon to have tea with Aurelie, who was my market tour guide last weekend, and her husband, Eric. They live in a beautiful apartment in the 17th arrondissement. She had made a delicious assortment of sweet snacks to enjoy, including some lemon poppyseed madeleines that I am going to need to learn how to make.

Today was my last full day in Paris. I have fallen in love with this city and am already dreaming about when I can come back. If you're interested in non-food pics, check out my photo album here.

Next up is Barcelona. Stay tuned for more tales of culinary adventures. Leave me a comment if you have recommendations on what to see or eat!

One year ago: lemon herb roasted potatoes
Two years ago: pear bread

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popular Posts