Saturday, October 22, 2011

paris aventures alimentaires: jour 8


Biggest success of the day: buying figs from a market vendor...entirely in French! The conversation went something like this:

Bonsoir madame.
  - Bonsoir! Je voudrais un demi kilo de figues, s'il vous plait.
Oui. Voila. Trois trente, s'il vous plait.
  - Voila. Merci!
Merci! Bonne soiree.
  - Bonne soiree!

Not only did I understand how much I had to pay him, but I also gave him exact change. That may not sound like a lot, but it's the first time it's happened for me, so I was pretty excited about it.

Today was a lovely Saturday in Paris. It started out cold and foggy (38 degrees on my morning run!), but burned off to a beautiful blue sky and sunshine for my afternoon at the Musee Rodin. I sat on a bench in the garden with a nice view of the museum and sketched for a bit. After the museum, I wandered and found myself a cafe in the sunshine. There, I enjoyed a croque madame (that was served with a nice, sharp mustard...I think it may have had horseradish in it?) with a glass of rose from Provence and finished my drawing. J'aime Paris!

Rodin's The Three Shades
Rodin's The Thinker
Musee Rodin, from the garden.

My interpretation of the Musee Rodin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popular Posts