Wednesday, September 22, 2010

lemon herb roasted potatoes



Something has been munching on my recently planted cruciferous vegetable starts in the garden. I did some research online to learn about possible easy (and non-chemical) deterrents. A couple articles I read cited aromatic herbs as something that will fend off some unwanted insects and worms. Perfect. In addition to the pest deterrent (which seems to be working so far), I now have a lot of fresh herbs to cook with.

Here's how I put some of my newly acquired fresh herbs to use, together with fingerling potatoes from the CSA box and a lemon heisted from a neighbor's tree:

Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes
Serves 2

2 handfuls fingerling potatoes, sliced into 1/2" thick rounds
the juice of 1/2 lemon
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, minced
a generous pinch sea salt
a generous pinch white pepper
a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Arrange the potato rounds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 30 minutes.

We enjoyed our roasted potatoes with broiled salmon and wilted spinach.

1 comment:

  1. This book is simply wonderful.I love the recipes are delicious

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popular Posts