Saturday, August 29, 2009

honey ginger salmon



You may find this strange, but my inspiration for this recipe was garlicky, salty, sweet quinoa. Or rather, I was looking for something to serve with a side of garlicky, salty, sweet quinoa and it occurred to me that adapting the flavors in the recipe for a fish marinade would make the perfect match. 

In my opinion, this was both super easy and resulted in one of the tastiest salmon preparations that I've made to date! The marinade added a great flavor without overpowering the tastiness of the fish itself. It helped that I used a super fresh salmon steak from the local farmers market.

In the end, we didn't have any quinoa on hand (an issue that I'll need to remedy in the near term!). So I served the salmon over garlicky, salty, sweet barley. The texture was very different from quinoa, but the combo was still delish! Stay tuned for a recipe on the Roasted Fig & Nectarine Salad that accompanied the dish...

Honey Ginger Salmon
Serves 2

1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. ginger, minced
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. tamari
1/2 - 3/4 pound fresh salmon

Mix the marinade ingredients. Place salmon in baking dish and spoon marinade over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spoon any marinade that's spread into the dish back over salmon. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn broiler on high and broil for an additional 10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popular Posts