Tuesday, March 3, 2009

birthday bananas

Because I try to eat mostly local produce, I don't often buy bananas. But today is my birthday, which I interpret as my day to splurge. So bananas are on the menu tonight. Birthday bananas. That's pretty much all there is to say.



Birthday Bananas
Serves 2

3 bananas
1/3 c. dark rum
1/2 c. muscavado sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground ginger

Slice bananas on the diagonal into slices about 3/4 inch thick. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add to skillet and simmer over medium heat until sugar is melted, about 2 minutes. 

Add banana, stirring to coat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens, 3-4 minutes. Serve over vanilla ice cream (we used Whole Soy Vanilla Bean and it was brilliant).

Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday, so from one pisces to another, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Popular Posts